Monday, April 8, 2013

PAUL HEYMAN SPEAKS ON WHY HE RETURNED TO WWE, LESNAR/PUNK DIFFERENCES





Below are highlights from Paul Heyman’s recent appearance on the Busted Open Show on Sirius-XM radio:

On what brought him back to WWE: 

“Well, Brock Lesnar made the decision to go back to WWE and once he got back in I guess he realized that it’s the same boat that it was 10 years ago with all the politics and everything. If you’re going to get involved with a whole bunch of politics obviously you need your New York Jew along with you. It was a matter of Brock going back and then it was just a natural fit for me to go back with him. Once I was in there, the first person that obviously I let know I was coming back was CM Punk, who is the person that I was fighting with Vince McMahon over back in 2006 when I decided to leave. So it became a natural fit for us to get back together as well and it just took off from there.”

On the differences between CM Punk and Brock Lesnar: 

“It’s two totally different relationships. My job with CM Punk differs dramatically from my job with Brock Lesnar. It’s very easy for me to talk about Brock Lesnar because I am Brock Lesnar’s biggest fan, and how could I not be? The man is legitimately the only person in history to hold the NCAA Division I Heavyweight Championship, the Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Championship and the Undisputed WWE Heavyweight Championship. I could talk about him all day long; I am such an admirer of his talents and his greatness and I think the world of him as a human being. As far as CM Punk goes, to be very honest with you, we’ve never defined my role with him on television; I don’t refer to him as my client because we’re just friends. We are best friends and we wanted to work together on television. We wanted to work together in front of everybody and so we just did it. I’m there for whatever he needs me to be; whether that’s as a confidant or a strategist or be ring side with him when he’s wrestling or just hang out with him in the ring and admire him from a close distance when he’s actually speaking, because I think he’s a better talker than I am. I think CM Punk does the best interviews in the industry, and I’m actually learning from him when I’m standing that close.”

On his current run in WWE: 

“Career highlight. Absolute career highlight. I am working with my two best friends in the world. We are in two of the three main events of the largest Wrestlemania in my home market, New York. The stadiums in New Jersey but the market is New York. To be in two of the three main events at Wrestlemania is a pretty big deal. To do it with my two best friends on our own terms, this is an absolute fantasy come true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment